I found a specific situation where MS Access always crashes to desktop. Here are the ingredients:
- A bound Form with a Microsoft TreeView Control, version 6.0.
- Form’s “Allow Additions” property set to “No”
- TreeView populated using the Form_Current() event.
- Prior to populating the TreeView, calling .Nodes.Clear on the TreeView object.
- To set up the crash, filter the form to an empty recordset.
- Click on the Home ribbon and the Toggle Filter button.
Download Testcase File: treeview-testcase.accdb
In the Form_Current() event, add a DoEvents command immediately before Nodes.Clear.
Set MyTree = Me.TreeView0.Object DoEvents MyTree.Nodes.Clear